Friday, April 29, 2011

sixsixsix

one
Oh you were my number one, and I was yours. There were 3 years separating us and oh boy were we awkward. There was a schizophrenic Jamie Foxx before us when it happened. You schemed for ages and even tried asking me in "french" the second time because you knew I took it. But I became awful to you, and I finally started to feel weird about the age difference-- or at least that was the most viable excuse I could come up with. I kept my distance and you kept reaching out, even after a year passed us by. You were so sweet, and I took you for granted. It's a shame I didn't appreciate it until now. I think of you often, but now you're 300 miles away.

two 
You were the most peculiar of them all. Not quite quirky.. but I suppose more legitimately "weird". We were odd, and I'm still not convinced you ever liked me all that much. Your mother sure did though, and that's one of the biggest reasons I stuck around as long as I did. I think you liked sports and dogs more than you liked me anyway. But for the summer before, we had a cute fluffy camp romance, and it was sweet while it lasted. We kissed for the first time at the drive-in on a hot August night. Throughout our relationship I remember wishing you were a better kisser, but I wasn't any good either so I couldn't really complain. I wonder if you got better?

three 
In your mother's van. The same first as the last, even. You were everything new to me. And you held the first piece of my heart, and I feel like you'll always hold just a tiny piece no matter what. You were the first one I've really ever felt anything strongly for. You were first one I thought I loved and it was quite a rush. You taught me a lot about myself, and I'll admit.. both bad and good things. I wanted so much of you, but your head was like a steel cage that you never let me into at first. And once you did, I was stuck. A whirlwind of things happened in our time, some of it I completely vacuum seal away. I puppy-loved you, and it was unrequited. But I learned from that. 

four 
Spite. You were spite. I liked you for the wrong reasons, it was obvious though, considering how long it lasted. The day after "it" happened, you invited me and the friends I was with to dinner. We were never close before but from that day on we were. I was suspicious from the get-go though. But I wanted to try it, and I did. On your bed, watching UP, and then I knew it wasn't right. Time went by, poems were written, feelings got hurt. But we remained close throughout all of it.

five 
I have thousands of words written about you. In letter form, published to the internet, on the backs of receipts, in old notebooks, vanished from my wrists.. But I'm sure I can muster a few more. I fell in love with you so quickly. But I only let you know it once on accident. It slipped from my lips while we were driving home one night. Your eyes lit up and you squeezed me tight, and I tensed up from the mistake I thought I made. Our first couldn't have been lovelier. It was New Year’s Eve and we were up at Eagle's Crest because you've never been there before. The city lights were shimmering and there were fireworks, can you believe it? Fireworks! You made me hop on your back and ran down to a snowy covered bale of hay till we got too chilly and sat in your car and watched the stars from the sunroof. We drank Sunny D and ate cheezits, and watched the clock hit midnight. You looked at me and I looked at you and it just happened. Right as fireworks hit the sky. You said we were "gliding into the new year", and you made me smile. And the time we had from then on was good, until we just couldn't anymore. I think only fondly of you.

six
;) We'll see what happens from here..

No comments:

Post a Comment