Monday, April 4, 2011

pre-marsupial heart identity

Without fail, each late night I lay awake squinting from the blinding light. My guard comes down, my clenched fist loosens & once again promises and inhibitions tumble to the floor. The same beautiful thoughts start dancing through my head, as well as the sinful potential.  Daring me to risk all my hard work. And without the calluses I built up on my heart.. I would be putty. A goner; spilling my soul for nothing. Two am, i'm ready to burst with every pent up feeling I have in me. But I ache, weary and shaking, And finally thrust into the abyss. Always mere seconds from my breaking point. Leaving my pathetic confessions on the tips of my thumbs.

And as daylight breaks, relief and regret strike simultaneously. Leaving me with perpetual "what if's" and a heavy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment